Follow AnotherWorldToday with:

Email:
Follow AnotherWorldToday on Twitter Follow AnotherWorldToday on Facebook



Monday, May 11, 2009


INTERVIEW WITH LINDA DANO (FELICIA; AW): PART #1


Linda Dano had previously appeared on One Life to Live and As The World Turns, but it wasn’t until she assumed the role of romance novelist Felicia Gallant on Another World in 1983 that she became a daytime superstar.

As proof of her status, after Another World went off the air, ABC snatched up the actress to appear on three of their shows as the character she'd originated on OLTL.

Since 1999, she has kept busy with a variety of acting, entrepreneurial and charitable projects. We caught up with Linda to find out what she has been up to for the past ten years – and where she thinks Felicia Gallant is now!

AWT: What do you remember about taping the last episode of Another World?
LD: I remember so little of it because I mostly cried. I’ve never seen the last episode; I’ve never been able to watch it. I know that sounds so dramatic – my husband, if he were alive, would go, “Oh, for God’s sake, you’re such a dramatic thing.” -- but I really haven’t. Steve Schnetzer (Cass) and I always talked about pouring ourselves nice, big drinks, sitting down and watching it together. But, we’ve never done it. There’s something so final about that. For me, I’m better off believing that I’m on a vacation, and it really isn’t over. For lots of actors who were on shows for a long time, primetime as well as daytime, you become such a family. You spend more time with these people than you ever do your own family. And when the time comes and it ends, as everything does, it’s just the saddest, saddest, terrible thing.

AWT: So how did you get through that last day?
LD: (Publicist) Vivien (Stern) came to get me that night. It was important to me that I was the last one to leave the building. Again, I’m such a drama queen; but I proceeded to go to every room. We went to wardrobe, all the production offices, every room, and said good-bye. You think I could get any more dramatic than that? I just had to. There was something so final about it. I suppose that’s why I haven’t seen (the last episode). And I’m sure I looked like hell that day, because all I did was cry. By four o’clock in the afternoon I looked like I’d been in a prize-fight. I remember the day very well, there was a lot of press, everyone was saying good-by to everyone else. Beyond awful.

AWT: The last episode was a happy one. Cass and Lila were getting married. How did everyone manage to look so happy when you were all so sad?
LD: I have no idea. I have no memory of that part. I just remember feeling like a life had ended. And it really kind of did. It was like not having your best friend around anymore. It was very emotional and tough, very tough. I remember Anna Stuart (Donna) saying, “Oh my God, it’s like a death.” And it was, it’s how we all felt about it.

Come back tomorrow for part #2 of our interview with Linda Dano!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i watched another world for a long long time... i watched the last episode,but for the life of me......who is lila!!!!!!! cass married lila and i don't remember...i'm only 52 yrs old so i still have my mind...lol thank you love another world and linda dano and everyone else on the show,the when the show went off the air.. it was like someone died... i hated it,imiss all the antics of bay city..

May 12, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger SoCal BuckNut! said...

Thanks so much AWT for this interview with the talented, beautiful, and very classy Linda Dano. I miss her on Soaps and hope she returns soon.

Diane, Lila and Cass married in the final episode of AW. In the late 90's the guy who played the first Sam (Robert Kelker Kelly I think was his name) came back to the show as a different character named Bobby Reno. He got Ryan's corneas after he died. Anyway, Vicky got involved with him and found out that he was married and his real name was Shane Roberts. The woman that he was married to was Lila Roberts. Lila got involved with Matthew Cory and had his child (Jasmine) and then got involved with Cass. Their wedding was on the final show. You can find the final show on YouTube, just search Another World Finale.

May 14, 2009 at 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks ATW for the interviews. It's so nice to hear from old friends as that's how the actors feel to long time viewers. I'm with Linda Dano - I've never been able to watch the final episode because that would feel like giving in. I haven't watched soaps since they took it off the air, save a few episodes of ATWT involving the AW characters. Take care ATW, Linda and all.

May 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


 

Receive email notification every time www.anotherworldtoday.com is updated
Email: