Follow AnotherWorldToday with:

Email:
Follow AnotherWorldToday on Twitter Follow AnotherWorldToday on Facebook



Wednesday, May 6, 2009


INTERVIEW WITH MARK PINTER (GRANT; AW): PART #3


Read Part #1 here.

Read Part #2 here.

AWT: Another World went off the air almost ten years ago, so did Sunset Beach, right after. Passions, the show that replaced AW, was canceled, too. Port Charles ended in 2007, and now CBS has dropped Guiding Light.
MP: It’s a tough, tough time for television and for daytime television, that’s for sure. It’s a sad, sad thing when a show like Guiding Light goes off the air. I spent three years of my life on that show, and it’s got such a rich history. When that show goes off the air, I will think about the people who I met on that show and my many, many dear friends who are still on that show and I hate that they’re going through this. I hate that they’re going to have to go through the next three months and have to go through that final day. It is an awful, awful, terrible thing. It’s a death.

AWT: Guiding Light went to a new production model, and many other shows are tightening their belts, as well. How does that affect the actors?
MP: I hear stories from Colleen (Barbara; ATWT) all the time about how daytime has changed. She said, “Just wait until you get back on a show, you’ll see what I’m talking about.” And I said to her, “I won’t have to worry about that, because it’s not going to happen.” But it’s happened! Jill (Farren Phelps) called me from GH and said, “Would you do this? No guarantees or anything, it’s just going to be for a little while.” And I said, “Absolutely.”

AWT: So how do you like the changes Colleen warned you about?
MP: What I like about GH at this point is the efficiency with which it is run. I think that happens in all of the shows now. They’re very efficient because they have to be. I’m in the studio two hours, three max, if things are running quickly. I get in my dressing room, I get my costume on, I get my make-up on, I go in and I do my stuff, I leave. That’s really amazing. It’s wonderful. You’ve got to be prepared, obviously. I don’t want to use the word ‘factory,’ but it is. Daytime players have always been kind of shift-workers. We’ve always been kind of a factory, in a good sense. Every day, almost fifty weeks a year, we produce product. That is amazing.

Come back tomorrow for Part #4!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


 

Receive email notification every time www.anotherworldtoday.com is updated
Email: